Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The meaning of habibi

(To Hala and Ross from Houston, TX)


If it wasn’t for the chiming

of the phone

occasionally

in this cancer war zone

I would be wilted and gray

I would feel quite alone.

If it wasn’t for the rainbow dreams

in subconscious worlds

painted by you

through this decaying reality

I would be brittle and hard

I’d choose to be blind and not see.

You are the father of my tired eyes

the mother of my worn-out ears

fine tuning my heart

and coloring my dreams.


3 Comments:

Blogger Hala Habib said...

and if it wasn't for you
my poems would not rhyme
and my pain
can't undo
in the form of a tumour
or in eyes swollen and red
in bomb shelled homes
or in a hungry boy's
plea to be fed
reality
nails us down
ti's by love alone
we carry our joy
our enlightened spirits
we crown

3:51 AM  
Blogger Hala Habib said...

Oh! and I love you too... so so so much

3:52 AM  
Blogger Ross said...

Being in a hard place has perhaps only the benefit of making one realize how much awaits one in the larger world. XO.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home